WV Volunteer



Lately I had been joined World Vision roadshow event as a volunteer for the child sponsorship program. This is my first time volunteering with WV. Since from the participation in the training till the end of event, I met a lot of people - WV staff, volunteers and also public. I learned lots from them.

Many among us are much more familiar with the famine 30 activity initiated by WV. Same goes to me. Throughout this event, Im able to further strengthen my understanding on the issues about the importance for sponsoring a child. 


Our little effort can always make a great impact in those children life.

Although I had ended my volunteering session with WV, but I wish I could continue share the child sponsoring information with my friends and family. A big thanks to my friends - Tino, JingChung, Danny, Christy, Thomas and WeiYee who pay me a visit, listen to me and some even sponsor a child afterthat.

We cant always expect people to do or support what we want them to, neither much the things is good nor meaningful to community. But when we able to influence one or two, we feel happy :)!

One of the most memorable case that I had during the volunteering session is that I spend almost half an hour in a conversation with an uncle. He come with perception and own ideology. But he has an open mind. We have a good conversation, about children, about community, about nation. When the uncle sit in front the sign-up desk, the staff ask him: "Do u have any other problems before sign up"? The uncle reply: "No. This young guy explained very well." The staff sends me a smile. Wau! This feeling is great! I feel pleasure and glad. Most importantly, it gives me confidence :)

We do good in our life, to serve our community, to make changes on something bad. But if can, lets try to influence our buddies, friends and people around. An effort with the power of two or more can come better than the effort with the power of our own. Start with our own and let it spread to every corner around the world.


Here is some information about the child sponsorship program:
For Children - Living life in all its fullness : To provide children in need with access to life-saving basics like clean water, nutritious food, healthcare, education, and more.
For Change - Transforming communities : To fight the root causes of poverty, to bring about sustainable chance and build a better world for children.
For Life - Being self-sufficient : To see families and communities reach a point of self-sufficiency, thereby giving children a brighter future and a healthier world to live in.

Asian countries (RM65 per month per child) and non-Asian countries (RM80 per month per child)
For more information, may visit: www.worldvision.com.my






  

21-25/01/2015

more photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1621035408124721.1073741835.1581100405451555&type=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness.
Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.

Junneez

在任何艰难的情况下,人类是可以生存的,主要是在于想获得多少。 生活,他得从心出发,世界给不了我们什么。加油!送给还在努力中的你。

No comments:

Post a Comment